Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Work in Process Wednesday and a Rotten Apple, Inc.

Is there anyone else out there in Blogland who has had the new Apple Photos app forced down their throats???  After a routine “update” three nights ago, I woke up to having iPhotos gone and replace with PHOTOS.  I had to import every picture (hours) into a new library.  OK, I am getting used to the new format. I can live with progress. But I can’t access my photos from Blogger when I want to upload them to the blog! Grrrrr.

So, I had to go in to the new PHOTOS, export them to a file called PICTURES, and then upload them. Does anyone know why the export process is so mangled?  If I try just simply uploading from Blogger, all that PHOTOS will give me is the Photos Logo, not the photos themselves. And I can’t place them anywhere on my Favorites or anywhere they are accessible by Blogger.  As usual with tech things, specific advice is nowhere to be found online.  I am probably the only person in the known universe with this problem.

That must mean it is time to go sew and work off some of that frustration!!!

Here is my in process stitching of Bruce’s quilt. He loves bright colors.  So, I am now loving flying geese after doing 100+ for this quilt.  :-)  And actually, I have four out of 8 rows of the top sewn together. I hope to baste it later in the week, sew the back, and begin quilting on Sunday.


After laying these out in order, hubby decided that he wanted all arrows except one column pointing up.  The column that is second-from-right will stay pointing down.  :-)


The gold-looking print in the picture above is actually orange, and there is a lot of orange in the banjo print.

The quilt will be backed with some orange Riley Blake ombre fabric. I found an entire shrink-wrapped bolt of it (10 yards) for $7.99 at a local thrift store.  (No, those things never happen to me either....)  Plus there will be some other pieces and/or flying geese added into the back for interest. I shared this on my Instagram a couple weeks ago.


Well, off to sew.  Linking up to WIP Wednesdays with Lee at Freshly Pieced.

See you soon!

Cathy maroon

4 comments:

  1. Oh, this is going to look so neat with that one row of wayward geese. And a whole bolt of fabric for 7.99? Amazing. I wonder if they knew what they were selling?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is going to look so neat with that one row of wayward geese. And a whole bolt of fabric for 7.99? Amazing. I wonder if they knew what they were selling?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilt is going to be stunning! Gee, I wish I could find such a wonderful bargain at my thrift store. Good find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about having struggles with computers and I'm afraid I am no help with your issues. Right now I'm struggling with trying to convince my new computer that I really DO want it to play nicely with PayPal...and it seems we're at an impasse.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!