Monday, November 27, 2017

On Ringo Lake Mystery Quilt Part 1

Along with hundreds, if not thousands, of other quilters across the country/world, I am participating in Bonnie Hunter’s annual mystery quilt-along. This year, Bonnie’s inspiration was taken from a family visit to Minnesota and Ringo Lake.  The colors she chose were aqua blue, coral/melon, chocolate brown and neutrals of white to ivory. Since I always try to use my stash first, I switched the chocolate brown to dark grays. The colors look great together.

Our first step was to sew dozens of small nine-patches. Bonnie gave lots of great time-saving and accuracy tips for us, and in no time at all, my patches were finished and trimmed. I can hardly wait for Step 2, which will be released on Friday. I’m linking up to Bonnie’s weekly sharing post, HERE.


If you are new to my blog, welcome! I’m an avid quitter who blogs once or twice a week, mostly about my quilting. But sometimes I add in other creative pursuits (stitching, gardening), our cats’ antics, and occasionally personal stuff. 

Meanwhile this week, this is on the design board, just plastered up there. The blocks are only partially trimmed, and I’m just beginning to sew them together. It will basically be a medallion layout using most of the colors of the rainbow. Stay tuned!


And I’m quilting the Tulips quilt this week for a friendChristmas present. I really need to finish it off this week so I can pass it on to my buddy Terri to do the binding. Terri and I both sewed the tulips, then I sashed it. Now it’s basted and ready for quilting.


So much quilting, so little time!  See you back here on Saturday for Rainbow Scrap Saturday!

Cathy maroon

8 comments:

  1. Love your fabric choices! I too am using what I have, and looking forward to seeing what comes next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend is going to love this quilt - who wouldn't love a handmade quilt!! Looking forward to watching your mystery quilt progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 9Ps looking good! Love your friendship star quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your 9 patches are so pretty! I've never done a Bonnie mystery, but the colors this year are very tempting! I will definitely enjoy following along with what you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Turquoise and gray are awesome. I really like turquoise and brown, but you have convinced me that gray rules. Molly (a gray and white cat) regrets her choice of staff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your fabric choices for the mystery quilt. I'm going to hop over there to see what others chose.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Ringo Lake blocks and the two quilts that you are putting together. Lovely! Is the Medallion quilt using your RSC blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cathy! Your units are gorgeous!

    Can you please remove the unit size from your post? I have respectfully asked that we not share unit size, piece count or unit count through social media.

    Thank you!

    Bonnie Hunter
    Quiltville.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!